Covid 19 Safe and Very Entertaining!
Performances nightly Tuesday-Saturday
June 11 – Aug. 7
Dinner & Show – 7:00pm
Show Only – 8:30pm (EDT)
Three Plays + One Comedy Weekend + One Music Weekend = Fun under the Stars!
Clue: On Stage
Adapted from the Paramount Pictures film written by Jonathan Lynn, and the board game from Hasbro, Inc.
June 11 – July 3 — Three week run!
Kentucky premiere! Straight from Broadway!
It’s a dark and stormy night, and you’ve been invited to a most unusual dinner party! You’re given an alias, a choice of weapons, and the host is, well, dead! So…whodunnit? And more importantly, who’s next? Join iconic oddballs Scarlet, Plum, White, Green, Peacock, and Mustard as they race to find the murderer before the body count at Boddy Manor stacks up! Rated PG.
Southern Fried Funeral
By Osborne and Eppler
July 6 – July 24 – Three week run!
Dewey Frye is dead, and the rest of his family is left to pick up the pieces – if they don’t kill each other first! Not only must Dorothy Frye deal with sudden widowhood, she must also contend with a snake-in-the-grass brother-in-law, a nosy church lady, and a couple of grown daughters who’ve decided to act like toddlers. Funerals bring out the worst, the best…and the funniest in people! A big-hearted comedy about family – Southern style! Rated G.
Jeeves in Bloom
Adapted by Margaret Raether
from the stories of PG Wodehouse
July 27 – August 7 — Two week run!
The quiet English countryside will never be the same after Bertie Wooster and his unflappable butler, Jeeves, pay a visit! What starts as a plan to play matchmaker for a tongue-tied, newt-loving friend goes hilariously wrong. Soon Bertie is fending off unwanted amorous advances, a bungling burglary, and a homicidal French chef! Can the one and only Jeeves save the day? A delightfully silly and high-energy comedy!
Special Stand-Up Comedy Weekend starring Joe Deuce and Friends!
August 13 & 14
New! Live Music Weekend!
A night of Rock n’ Soul with Horns! High energy band playing your favorite songs from the 60’s and 70’s! Don’t forget your dancing shoes!
Elvis Under the Stars!
A very special evening with Elvis Tribute Artist Barry Lockard (Breaking Up with Elvis) and friends! Channeling the King and paying homage to the Rupp Arena “concert that never was.”
We want to provide the Playhouse experience you know and love and keep everyone safe.
Seating capacity will be reduced to promote social distancing.
Masks for patrons are required.
Only one family member should come to the box office window.
You are welcome to make your reservations online. Please do not print out your tickets. They will be given to you when you arrive (and will not be torn). Please come early so there is not a crowd rush at show time.
DINNER: we will serve our delicious barbecue dinner but it will be brought to your table. Any reservation should tell us how many chicken and how many pork preferences in your party. No reservations can be taken after 3PM on the day of show.
We accept cash, personal check, and all major credit cards.
Local: (859) 236 -2747
TOLL-FREE: 866-KYplays (866-597-5297)
Reservation policy: We don’t require a credit card for parties smaller than 9, but we encourage paying for your tickets ahead of time. If you decide to join us for dinner, we require reservations. (Please make sure you call and cancel, if you aren’t coming… so we can give someone else your great seats!)
For groups of 10 or more, we offer a $2 discount per ticket. To receive the discount the tickets must be paid for by one payment. A final confirmation of the number of tickets needed is required one week prior to your scheduled performance. A credit card is required upon reservation to hold your seats. A payment for the reservation is required one week prior to your scheduled performance; we can either process the credit card we have on file for the reservation or you can send us a check.
Sorry, reservations not accepted by email.
LOCAL (859) 236 -2747
TOLL-FREE 866-KYplays (866-597-5297)
Adult Dinner+Show Ticket: $35
Dinner only: $15
Child (12 & under)
Dinner+Show Ticket: $19
Group Discounts Available!
PATRON PASS: (6 Admissions) Special Price $100 (Save $20)
SUPER PASS: (10 Admissions) Special Price $165 (Save $35)
Note: cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of dinner and show, otherwise refunds will not be given.
840 Stanford Road
Danville, KY 40422
Pioneer Playhouse is only 30 miles from Lexington, and 80 miles from Louisville.
Note: There are numerous signs directing you the Playhouse once you arrive in Danville.
FROM LEXINGTON (45 min. drive):
- Get on Hwy 27 ( Nicholasville Rd.) going South (through Nicholasville)
- After driving 27 miles on Hwy 27, turn right at stoplight onto Hwy 34. (Following signs to Danville).
- In the city of Danville, at the first stoplight take a left to continue on Hwy 34.
- After the next light there is an immediate vear to the left . Take this vear to the left, onto Hwy 150. (There are also signs pointing to Pioneer Playhouse at this intersection.)
- Stay on Hwy 150 as it crosses Main Street and becomes Stanford Ave.
- Stay on Stanford Ave. / Hwy 150, following Pioneer Playhouse signs.
- After three miles, the theatre will be on your left hand side: 840 Stanford Ave.
FROM LOUISVILLE (2 hour drive ):
- Get on I-64 East (going towards Lexington)
- After about 45 minutes, take Exit 48, Hwy 151 to Lawrenceburg.
- After 8 miles, turn right (South) onto the Hwy 127 By-Pass
- Take Hwy 127 South through Harrodsburg
FROM LOUISVILLE/ HARRODSBURG:
- In Harrodsburg, Stay on Hwy 127 going south.
- There is a Playhouse sign that points to the by-pass, you can take the by-pass around Harrodsburg and get back on Hwy 127 going south, but the best way is to not take the by-pass, to stay on Hwy 127 south, go 10 miles south of Harrodsburg and make a turn left at the first City of Danville sign.
- This road turns into Maple Avenue. (There is a Pioneer Playhouse sign at this exit.) Note: if you miss the first city of Danville exit, keep heading south of Hwy 127 until the second city of Danville exi t –which is a stoplight . Make a left at the light (onto Perryville Road).
- Follow Perryville Road until it turns in to Main Street.
- Stay on Main, go approx 3 miles, make a Right on to Stanford Ave. / Hwy 150. Theatre will be on left hand side on outskirts of town: 840 Stanford Ave.
- After making a left at first city of Danville exit, follow Maple Ave. approx five miles to Main Street, make a left onto Main.
- Pass through the College and Downtown areas, following Playhouse signs.
- After passing through the downtown area, make a Right onto Hwy 150 / Stanford Ave.
- Follow Hwy 150 (Stanford Ave.) two miles, Playhouse will be on the Left.
FROM HARRODSBURG (20 min drive):
- (see directions from Louisville / Harrodsburg – above)
FROM CINCINNATI (2 hour drive):
- Take I-75 South to Lexington
- In Lexington area, take Hwy 60 (Winchester Pike Rd) right (West), towards downtown Lexington.
- Make a left onto Hwy 4 (the Lexington By-Pass).
- Stay on 4 for six miles, take the Nicholasville Road exit
- Make right on to Nicholasville Road (Hwy 27 going south ) — then follow directions from Lexington (above).