Performances nightly Tuesday-Saturday
INDOORS IN CASE OF RAIN
June 7 – Aug. 24
Every two weeks, a different show!
Dinner & Show – 7:30pm
Show Only – 8:30pm (EDT)
Kong’s Night Out
by Jack Neary
When Myron, a Broadway producer, learns that his rival is planning something BIG to steal his opening night thunder, Myron goes to BIG lengths to find out what all the hoopla is about. Little does he know that the rival show involves a monkey…a VERY LARGE monkey! A zany new comedy that pays hilarious homage to King Kong. Rated G.
June 25 – July 6
Sherlock Holmes and the Ice Palace Murders
by Jeffrey Hatcher, based on the novel by Larry Millett
In 1896, the Minnesota Winter Carnival is in full swing, but St. Paul’s wealthiest man has lost his head – literally. It’s up to Holmes and Watson (on a visit to America) to track a cold-blooded killer from the icy streets of St. Paul to the frozen Mississippi River. A smart, funny mystery. Rated G.
July 9 – July 20
Breaking Up with Elvis
by Margaret Swim and Robby Henson
A KY Voices Original!
Mom’s missing! She’s gone AWOL from her own husband’s funeral, sending her daughter on a wild goose chase from Kentucky to the gates of Graceland, where she encounters a parade of quirky characters, including more than one Elvis! Has Mom gone off her rocker, or is Elvis really the answer to all her lost hopes and dreams? Original comedy inspired by “the Elvis concert that never was” at Lexington’s Rupp Arena in 1977. Rated G.
July 23 – August 3
Not Now, Darling
by Ray Cooney and John Chapman
In a posh ‘60’s London fur salon, Mr. Crouch is just trying to run an honest business while his charming, yet caddish partner, Mr. Bodley, is just trying to give a fur coat to his new mistress. A stylish, sexy comedy (think Boeing Boeing!) full of mistaken identity, slamming doors, and lots of laughs. Rated PG.
August 6 – August 17
Red, White & Tuna
by Ed Howard, Joe Sears, and Jaston Williams
Come along to Tuna, Texas, third smallest town in the Lone Star state, for a satirical (and sidesplitting) romp through the hearts and minds of the kooky Tuna townsfolk as they prepare for a great big high school reunion. And don’t worry if you haven’t seen Greater Tuna or Tuna Does Vegas. You’re still gonna laugh till you cry! Rated PG.
August 23 & 24
Special Comedy Show with Etta May
AARP Members get 50% discount with valid ID for ETTA MAY!
Purchase your ticket at regular price online and get a 50% cash back discount when you show your ticket and ID at our ticket window.
Note: cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of dinner and show, otherwise refunds will not be given. All online sales are non-refundable.
We accept cash, personal check, and all major credit cards.
Please note: As of July 3, our ticket service has been experiencing outages, so if you are experiencing errors, please call the box office.
Our apologies and have a happy and safe Fourth of July!
Local: (859) 236 -2747
TOLL-FREE: 866-KYplays (866-597-5297)
Reservation policy: We don’t require a credit card for parties smaller than 9, but we encourage paying for your tickets ahead of time. If you decide to join us for dinner, we require reservations. (Please make sure you call and cancel, if you aren’t coming… so we can give someone else your great seats!)
For groups of 10 or more, we offer a $2 discount per ticket. To receive the discount the tickets must be paid for by one payment. A final confirmation of the number of tickets needed is required one week prior to your scheduled performance. A credit card is required upon reservation to hold your seats. A payment for the reservation is required one week prior to your scheduled performance; we can either process the credit card we have on file for the reservation or you can send us a check.
Sorry, reservations not accepted by email.
LOCAL (859) 236 -2747
TOLL-FREE 866-KYplays (866-597-5297)
Adult Dinner+Show Ticket: $35
Dinner only: $15
Child (12 & under)
Dinner+Show Ticket: $19
Group Discounts Available!
PATRON PASS: (6 Admissions) Special Price $100 (Save $20)
SUPER PASS: (10 Admissions) Special Price $165 (Save $35)
Note: cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of dinner and show, otherwise refunds will not be given.
Pioneer Playhouse is only 30 miles from Lexington, and 80 miles from Louisville.
Note: There are numerous signs directing you the Playhouse once you arrive in Danville.
FROM LEXINGTON (45 min. drive):
- Get on Hwy 27 ( Nicholasville Rd.) going South (through Nicholasville)
- After driving 27 miles on Hwy 27, turn right at stoplight onto Hwy 34. (Following signs to Danville).
- In the city of Danville, at the first stoplight take a left to continue on Hwy 34.
- After the next light there is an immediate vear to the left . Take this vear to the left, onto Hwy 150. (There are also signs pointing to Pioneer Playhouse at this intersection.)
- Stay on Hwy 150 as it crosses Main Street and becomes Stanford Ave.
- Stay on Stanford Ave. / Hwy 150, following Pioneer Playhouse signs.
- After three miles, the theatre will be on your left hand side: 840 Stanford Ave.
FROM LOUISVILLE (2 hour drive ):
- Get on I-64 East (going towards Lexington)
- After about 45 minutes, take Exit 48, Hwy 151 to Lawrenceburg.
- After 8 miles, turn right (South) onto the Hwy 127 By-Pass
- Take Hwy 127 South through Harrodsburg
FROM LOUISVILLE/ HARRODSBURG:
- In Harrodsburg, Stay on Hwy 127 going south.
- There is a Playhouse sign that points to the by-pass, you can take the by-pass around Harrodsburg and get back on Hwy 127 going south, but the best way is to not take the by-pass, to stay on Hwy 127 south, go 10 miles south of Harrodsburg and make a turn left at the first City of Danville sign.
- This road turns into Maple Avenue. (There is a Pioneer Playhouse sign at this exit.) Note: if you miss the first city of Danville exit, keep heading south of Hwy 127 until the second city of Danville exi t –which is a stoplight . Make a left at the light (onto Perryville Road).
- Follow Perryville Road until it turns in to Main Street.
- Stay on Main, go approx 3 miles, make a Right on to Stanford Ave. / Hwy 150. Theatre will be on left hand side on outskirts of town: 840 Stanford Ave.
- After making a left at first city of Danville exit, follow Maple Ave. approx five miles to Main Street, make a left onto Main.
- Pass through the College and Downtown areas, following Playhouse signs.
- After passing through the downtown area, make a Right onto Hwy 150 / Stanford Ave.
- Follow Hwy 150 (Stanford Ave.) two miles, Playhouse will be on the Left.
FROM HARRODSBURG (20 min drive):
- (see directions from Louisville / Harrodsburg – above)
FROM CINCINNATI (2 hour drive):
- Take I-75 South to Lexington
- In Lexington area, take Hwy 60 (Winchester Pike Rd) right (West), towards downtown Lexington.
- Make a left onto Hwy 4 (the Lexington By-Pass).
- Stay on 4 for six miles, take the Nicholasville Road exit
- Make right on to Nicholasville Road (Hwy 27 going south ) — then follow directions from Lexington (above).